Thursday, October 6, 2011

Impressed

   As we continue learning about new technology resources I get a little excited thinking about all of the things that I will be able to have my students do. I think the idea that I'm most interested in is how these sources will allow my students and their families to have access to relevant information from my classroom. If they are at home and need a little more information for their homework they will be able access a website I have created. So although they may not have an immediate line of contact to me, they will still have access to the information that they may need.
  The google docs feature will also be very useful when it comes to keeping grades organized, and being able to see visuals on a chart about students progress or lack of. It will also allow me to see which projects were not successful, and will allow me to reflect on how I taught the lesson. The collecting data aspect of google spreadsheets is amazing. Its an excellent way to make paperless testing, and to keep everything organized. It could also be used just to gather basic information about my students. Perhaps if I need to make a list of where everyone is from or what their favorite food is. There will be so many ways to use these features that I think it offers an endless amount of choices.
   I think that one of the biggest factors will be what you can't see. By that I mean the amount of time it could save me when trying to analyze data. If I have 20 or more students, time is going to be a valuable commodity. Anything I can do that will save me time while not cutting corners would be extremely useful. What we have covered in this course so far has been really interesting, and I'm looking forward to seeing what other resources we will work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment